Friday 31 October 2014

Kindness Counts Friday & Farewell For Now

Well hello there! How the heck are you?!?!? 

If you're familiar around here you've probably notice content has been scarce around here the past couple of weeks- I even missed my Kindness Counts post last week. 

There was some scary stuff around these here parts last week, which threw me way off balance temporarily. That aside, I think I would have been taking at least a short break from blogging regardless of what was happening around me. I just need some time to re-focus and decide if this is going to be a part of my life moving forward. 



For now, this is farewell- and it only seemed fitting to end with my favourite type of post. If you've started to get into the idea and want to participate, the absolutely amazing Helen has offered to host until she can convince me to come back to blogging! 

There are no rules, share a link back to me (or Helen) if you like, post whatever kindness stories you've got and relish in the awesome feeling that comes from being kind or witnessing others doing the same. 


#kindnesscountsfridays 

Ok, onto my kindness for the past week(s)

+ One of my former students brought me a note from her parents, thanking me for my work last year. It completely changed my day for the better and honestly I haven't stopped smiling since. 

+ An older student helped a few of my little kiddos get ready for school one morning and it was a well enjoyed experience for everyone! I love how into helping the younger kids the "big kids" are. 

+ My city has filled my heart with joy this past week. My country has completely surpassed my high expectations, this place I call home has been engulfed in love from across this great land. Strangers from around the world have also contributed to the love, and I just cannot articulate how much the kindness has meant.  

+ Wednesday was Educator Appreciation Day and my supervisor made us feel very appreciated! It was awesome! Who doesn't love free cookies?!?! 

+ I've been continuing to really focus on acting kindly towards others- saying thank you, making eye contact & smiling to passer-byes, and just acknowledging the value of others around me.

+ Jay & I volunteered at a community fundraiser last Friday, it was AWESOME. So much fun for us, and we were able to help a great cause. It's amazing how good doing good can make one feel. I left feeling so much joy in my heart. 

+ While adventuring in a small town I was approached by a panhandler, looking for change- I didn't have any cash but I offered to buy some tea from a shop next door to warm him up. He declined the tea, but we continued to have a cheerful conversation. 

I'm sure there have been many more big and small moments of kindness over the past two weeks. My heart isn't 100% in this post, but it is 100% behind this beautiful idea :) PLEASE check out the lovely post Helen has up and be sure to keep following her kindness over the coming weeks. Better yet, add your own to the mix!! 

Thanks for all of you love, kindness and friendship over the past few years! I will still be following posts and hopefully commenting occasionally even if I'm not writing! You are TRULY exceptional! 

Be Kind!! It will make everyone feel great, I promise! 


Keep Smiling :) 

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so sad, but I understand. Hope everything is okay, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post.......sad to see you taking a break but we'll definitely stay in touch in a non-BlogLand-way!! [So glad that you managed to find some positives in the wake of the events xxxx]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo