Monday 18 June 2012

Quest for Happiness [Day 18]

Holy Moly! I've been blogging for 18 days straight now! One thing that definitely made me happy today is that realization. I wasn't convinced I'd be able to keep this up when I started so I am pleased with my progress so far.

I'll admit yesterday's entry was a tad bit cheesy, I just love that joke! Today I'm headed in a different direction. 

I want to share some of my big dreams, things I want to accomplish and places I want to go. I've been working on my "Bucket List" for many years so I'll share the highlights.

Before you start reading, this may not be a conventional bucket list. Some of my ideas are a little abstract rather than events I can scratch off a list. My thought is, once I'm old and grey I can look back and hopefully feel like I accomplished all I set out to. Those in bold are things I've already seen or done!

Travelling Soul: Places to See
Travel my own country: Visit all the provinces and territories, I'm about half-way on this!
Visit France: See the Eiffel Tower
Go to Australia: Hold a Koala Bear and see the Sydney Opera House
Visit London, England: Visit Big Ben, Double Decker Buses; Buy awesome Royal Family masks!
Go to Scotland: My father & grandparents went when he was young and I've been curious ever since.
See New York from the Empire State Building
See Toronto from the CN Tower

Take Action: Trying New Things
Go rock climbing and repel myself: It took three months, and a few tears but I did it!
Ride a mechanical bull: Anyone know where to find one?
White Water Rafting
Camp every summer
Run a marathon
Hike the Confederation Trail
Go to a Broadway Show
Milk a cow
Ride a horse
Learn to understand one sport: I'm working on hockey & football it's going to take time though!

Being Responsible: Staying Safe and Healthy
Spend money wisely and always have money in a savings account
Become a good, safe driver: I need to conquer my nerves on this one!
Wear sunscreen
Eat right and exercise often to keep healthy
Read everyday (screen time doesn't count!)
Eat fruit and vegetables daily
Take multivitamins: I don't try hard enough at this one. 
I love football, I'm just not always sure how it works!

Live, Laugh, Love: The Abstract Goals
Own a house
Laugh everyday
Learn to forgive (Accept that mistakes happen)
Worry less, stay calm and don't panic!
Keep my family close
Stay in touch with friends: My ability to do this fluctuates, sometimes I pull away- I need to fix that!
Get Hitched and start a family
Practice Yoga
Go to Church
Get wild and crazy sometimes
Have my written work published: Three years on the university paper taught me a lot!
Read War and Peace

Making a Difference: Sharing and Developing Talents
Discover a job that I love where I can make a difference: I had one, now to find another!
Feel accomplished at the end of each day
Have a positive impact in the lives of others
Become bilingual
Graduate university with distinction
Volunteer in a soup kitchen
Donate Blood as often as possible
Become a strong confident leader
Always seize opportunities to learn new things


If you don't already have a Bucket List, I highly recommend taking some time to write one. When you know what you want out of life you are one step closer to having it.

My progress has stalled on a lot of these, especially traveling. I am slowly scavenging pennies for a trip to Europe that will hopefully scratch many of those goals off my list. With my recent decision to not work this summer and to go back to school it might be a good time to work on some of the other goals!

Ironically, given how this blog started, for the first time in 18 days I do not plan to write again for the next four days. I am taking a tech-vacation (ok, and a real vacation!)

Technology connects us, allows us to learn from one another and to share our stories. It also keeps us up all night, distracts us from connecting with those we actually live with, and encourages us to sit on our butts rather than enjoy the sunshine.

As much as I love blogging I am excited to take a few days off and get out and see some sights! Don't worry I will make up for it with lots of photos and stories upon my return to the world of technology.

Keep Smiling :) 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacation Kim! Tell that son of mine to watch those lane changes in TO! Sorry can't help it always a mommy.
    Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely remind him, he likes my reminders I think! Hahah :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list-but how have you never milked a cow?!?! I'm pretty sure it's a childhood right of passage. Next time you're home we're going to a farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I did it I don't remember! I'll be home in July & August so maybe we can find a farm with a willing cow and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! You are awesome! xo